458 Meylert St Laporte PA 18626
The Sulick Butcher Shop
In 2000 the Society constructed the Barn to house its extensive collection of large historical objects associated with the industry and leisure activities of the county.
• Early 1900’s Sulick Butcher Shop from Lopez , dismantled and reassembled piece by piece in the Barn, replicating a photo displayed on the wall taken in the early 1900's
• Corson motorized Ice Sled built in 1936 and used on Lake Mokoma, Eagles Mere Lake and Beaver Lake
• Harrington Creamery items
• Farming, lumbering, and mining implements
• Railroads exhibit featuring pictures of historic railroad stations in Sullivan County, including Wheelerville, Nordmont and Laporte
• Telephone switchboard
• Early 20th century store replica
• Working steam powered engine
• Dog-powered butter churn
• Maple sugaring display
• Carpentry, Masonry, and Cooper tools
• Plus many more “must see” items on display
The nearby shed is presently used for storage, but will one day also be added to the Museum complex.
Copyright 2012 Sullivan County PA Historical Society and Museum. All rights reserved.
The Sullivan County PA Historical Society and Museum is a registered 501(c)(3).